Five Things To Know About Smileboston
The year is 1997. The Green Bay Packers beat our New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI, The English Patient won the Academy Award for Best Picture, Disney’s The Lion King opened on Broadway, the first book in the famed Harry Potter series was published, and on August 15th, Smileboston Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry opened its doors. 20 years later, Smileboston is an industry leader in dental technology, innovation and patient care. We are proud that we have always stayed true to our values and still operate as a small family-run business and are looking forward to serving the community for the next 20 years – at least! Needless to say, this is an exciting milestone for Smileboston and we wanted to share five lighthearted memories from our earliest days.
- Smileboston was originally called New England Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry and was located in Boston’s Kenmore Square neighborhood.
- Spitz’s two youngest daughters spent their first months of life in a green Pack ‘n Play in the business office. Jocelyn is now a freshman at UMass Amherst and Kayla is a high school sophomore.
- The original Smileboston team consisted of only five. Today Smileboston boasts two locations and is 27 strong, and growing.
- Spitz’s red Chrysler LeBaron convertible was set on fire during a Red Sox game – to this day he has no idea why.
- Teresa, Dr. Spitz’s first dental hygienist was recently rehired and now works in Smileboston’s South Shore office.
We plan on sharing fun memories throughout the year, and if you have a favorite Smileboston memory we’d love to hear it. If it has been awhile since you’ve seen us, please call Smileboston Brookline at 617-277-4100 or Smileboston South Shore at 781-826-7577 to schedule your next appointment. To our patients, some who we have known since the very beginning, may 2017 find you happy, healthy and smiling!
Comments are closed.