Steven D. Spitz, DMD
Prosthodontist & Cosmetic Dentist in Boston
Steven D. Spitz, DMD attended both the Harvard School of Dental Medicine/Boston VA Medical Center, where he received his Prosthodontic Certificate, and Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. He also completed a General Practice Residency through Jackson Memorial Hospital/Miami VA in Florida. Dr. Spitz has practiced in the Boston area for over 20 years, founding Smileboston Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in 1997.
Dr. Spitz is committed to continued education, training & community service. He taught as Clinical Professor of Prosthodontics in the Department of Post-Graduate Prosthodontics at Harvard University School of Dental Medicine and continues to advance his professional expertise and develop techniques to enhance comprehensive dental procedures.
Dr. Spitz’s diverse reach in the community includes:
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Since 1991, he has been involved both locally and internationally, and is currently 2019 International President. Through the years he has held positions as International Editor, Board Member and Student Representative, among others.
- Alpha Omega-Henry Schein Cares Holocaust Survivors Oral Health Program – Caring for Holocaust survivors currently living below poverty threshold.
- Massachusetts District Dental Society – Treasurer
- Zoo New England Yes, Dr. Spitz cares for animals too!
- Dentist to the animals
- Veterinary Dental Advisory Committee
- The Academy of Sports Dentistry; on record as dentist for the Boston Red Sox
- Peter Emily International Veterinary Dental Foundation
- Bright Spirit Children’s Foundation – Vice President and Charter Member
- New England Center and Home for Veterans
Dr. Spitz enjoys the elite status of being the only dentist to be named a Top Doctor by Boston Magazine in 2017 and has repeatedly been selected as one of “America’s Top Dentists” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America. He was named one of Boston’s Top Dentist by his peers in Boston Magazine in 2019, as well as 2018 and 2017.