Steven D. Spitz, DMD
Steven D. Spitz, DMD is a graduate of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. His post-doctoral studies include a two-year, full-time program at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine/Boston VA Medical Center and a General Practice Residency through Jackson Memorial Hospital in Florida. Dr. Spitz has practiced dentistry and prosthodontics in the Boston area for over 20 years, founding Smileboston Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in 1997.
Dr. Spitz is committed to continued education, training & community service. He was a Clinical Professor of Prosthodontics in the Department of Post Graduate Prosthodontics at Harvard University School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Spitz continues to advance his professional expertise and develops techniques to enhance comprehensive dental procedures.
Dr. Spitz’s diverse reach in the community includes involvement in:
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity since 1991 both locally and internationally – 2019 President
- Academy of Osseointrgration – International Editor and Board Member
- Helped create DASH – Dental Assistance for Survivors of the Holocaust – a pre-cursor to the Alpha Omega/Henry Schein Holocaust Survivor Oral Health Program
- Boston Shelter for Homeless Veterans
- The Academy of Sports Dentistry for the Boston Red Sox
- Zoo New England (Yes, Dr. Spitz cares for animals too!)
- Peter Emily International Veterinary Dental Foundation
- Massachusetts District Dental Society – Treasurer
- Bright Spirit Children’s Foundation – Vice President and Charter Member
Dr. Spitz enjoys the elite status of being the only dentist to be named a Top Doctor by Boston Magazine in 2017 and has repeatedly been selected as one of “America’s Top Dentists” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America. He was named Top Dentist by Boston Magazine in 2017 & 2018.